The Oedipus family is looking for …
… a full-time assistant brewer.
Almost six years ago, we (Alex, Paul, Rick, and Sander) decided to brew beer together. Our goal was simple, to craft flavorful beers that differ from the status quo. We taught ourselves to brew in Sander’s small Amsterdam kitchen using two large pots, and in no time the apartment was filled with crates of beer, refrigerators and all kinds of brewing equipment. Romantic. We experimented with combining flavors that were largely unavailable in pubs and shops at the time. When we finally managed to make more beer than we could drink ourselves, we began to share it with the world.
Since then, we have grown into a big small brewery that supplies beer to a rapidly growing number of bars, restaurants and liquor stores in the Netherlands, and to selected areas abroad. In our brewery and taproom in Amsterdam-Noord we regularly organize events, tours and tasting, to introduce our flavors to a diverse audience.
Currently we’re seeking an assistant brewer to join the family at our brewery in Amsterdam. We operate a 25HL brew house on which we produce around 4000 HL annually. As assistant brewer you will be part of a team of five responsible for all the brewing, fermenting, conditioning and packaging of the beer.
The activities of an assistant brewer are:
- Work in the brew house on all aspects of wort production
- Packaging beer in bottles and kegs
- Routine cleaning practices
- Routine checks on the fermenting and conditioning beer
- Collecting and administrating relevant brewing data
- Interest in craft beer and the craft beer movement
- Basic understanding of the beer making process
- College degree or higher
- Living in or around Amsterdam, or willing to move here
- Being able to display creativity in the beer making process
- Willing to work flexible working hours (24/7 mentality)
What we offer:
- A dynamic working environment in one of the most innovative breweries in the Netherlands
- Industry-standard compensation
- Training on the job
- Career progression opportunities
- Fun & beer
For more information, please contact Sander at +316 160 301 00, or send your cover letter and CV before the 1st of May directly to firstname.lastname@example.org