The Oedipus family is looking for …
… a full-time brewer / maintenance technician
As part of our continued effort to deliver quality beer, we are currently seeking a full time brewer who will also have the role of maintenance technician: an experienced brewer who will be both part of the brewing team as well as responsible for the maintenance, repairs and preventive maintenance on all installations in the brewery.
About Oedipus Brewing
After an exciting year of home brewing, we started brewing beers at other breweries in the Netherlands and Belgium since 2012. Since early 2015 we brew beers in our own space in Amsterdam Noord. In 2017, we produced and packaged a total of 4000HL in our own brewery. Next to the brewery, we have our own taproom and organize an annual festival, Planet Oedipus.
The main responsibilities and activities of the Brewer / MT are:
- End responsibility for the technical maintenance of the brewery
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain brewing and packaging equipment
- Being able to plan and execute preventive maintenance
- Responsible for all mechanical / electrical improvements on equipment
- Manage and interact with suppliers of equipment
- Weekly reporting to the head brewer
- Be a full member of the brewing team: produce wort in the brew house, perform routine cleaning practices, routine checks on the fermenting and conditioning of beer, and collecting and administrating relevant brewing data
- Minimum of three years working experience as a brewer
- Technical mindset and electrical/mechanical background
- Experience with maintaining equipment in the food and beverage industry
- General knowledge of the state and developments in the craft beer world in Europe and/or the US
- Well-organized and being able to demonstrate outstanding attention to detail
- Positive and flexible working attitude
- Living in or around Amsterdam, or willing to move here
- Working in one of the most innovative and fast growing breweries in the Netherlands
- Industry-standard compensation
- Fun & beer
For more information, please contact Sander at +316 160 301 00. Or send your cover letter and résumé before 15th of December 2017 directly to email@example.com.