We are Oedipus Brewing. Founded by four friends in Amsterdam, we use imagination to color the world and to show that diversity is power.
We’re always ready to go where our taste buds take us. Oedipus is about fun, energy and doing things differently. We create fantastical beers, combining tradition with modern flavours, to reveal to the world that beer is a magical beverage: tasty, exciting and for everyone.
Badhuis Oedipus (opening planned May 2020) is the new star in our galaxy. It is a place where we brew, experiment, ferment, cook and taste to share with the world our vision on flavour and the pairing of food & beer.
As Chef de Partie you employ your creativity, palate and love for food to help shape the Oedipus Badhuis and the future of food & beer.
As part of the kitchen team you are responsible for your own section. You prepare, cook and present dishes, ensure high standards in food hygiene and help the Head Chef, Sous Chef and Junior Sous Chef create dishes. Most of all, you provide guests with a memorable food & beer experience.
Our focus is on vegetables, but not necessarily vegetarian. We love preservation and fermentation, do our best to use every inch of a plant or animal and make as much as we can from scratch, or work with local producers that do. Ingredients are sourced locally whenever possible.
Who are you?
- Food and flavor nut.
- Colorful, creative and curious mindset combined with a structured working process and a pragmatic attitude.
- A strong interest in vegetables and fermentation.
- Experience working in kitchens.
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Strong interest in beer is preferred, as well as a broad interest in culture, music, and the arts.
- Fluent in English.
What we offer
- A position in one of the most innovative, creative and ambitious breweries in The Netherlands.
- A chance to help build a new concept and kitchen team.
- Enthusiastic and informal work atmosphere.
- Flexible hours, a four day workweek and a competitive salary.
- A deep dive into the world of colors, taste and flavors.
- Fun, food & beer.
Please send your resume and motivation as soon as possible to Thomas Sprangers via email@example.com.
Thank you & cheers!