We are Oedipus Brewing, a community of beer lovers. From our homebrewing days until now, we have grown into an international team with people from various flavours and cultural backgrounds and a strong pride and belief in what we make. We use imagination to color the world and show that diversity is power. We’re always ready to go where our taste buds take us. Oedipus is about fun, energy and doing things differently. We create fantastical beers to reveal to the world that beer is a magical beverage: tasty, exciting and for everyone. Open your world. Discover your taste. Surprise yourself. Learn something new. Experience that the world is a little bit larger than you thought.
Welcome to our universe!
About your role
For our Badhuis Oedipus kitchen we are looking for a full time Chef De Partie. The Badhuis is situated on Javaplein in the colorful Amsterdam East. This is a place where we experiment with fermentation, home brew, cook and taste to share with the world our vision on flavour of food & beer.
As Chef de Partie you employ your creativity, palate and love for food to help shape Badhuis Oedipus and the future of food & beer.
As part of the kitchen team you are responsible for your own section and are able to run service in the absence of the Head Chef. You prepare, cook and present dishes, ensure high standards in food hygiene and help the Head Chef create dishes. Most of all, you provide guests with a memorable food & beer experience.
We are curious about flavors and are keen to serve our guests something special. Our inspiration comes from the wide range of flavours found in beer, and we come up with dishes that suit these flavours. The menu is authentic, made from the heart and for everybody. It is compact and will change on a regular basis.
We love fermentation and preservation, we have our own fermentation chambers wherein we make our lacto-ferments, misos, garums, vinegars and black fruits and vegetables. We make as much as we can from scratch and we strive to use as many local and sustainable ingredients as possible.
Who are you?
- Food and flavor nut
- Colourful, creative and curious mindset combined with a structured working process and a pragmatic attitude
- A strong interest in vegetables and fermentation
- Experience working in kitchens
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Interest in beer is preferred, as well as an interest in culture, music, and the arts
- Fluent in English
What we offer
- Enthusiastic atmosphere and diverse and international working environment where everyone is welcome
- A position in one of the most innovative, creative and ambitious breweries in the Universe
- Flexible hours (30-40 hours)
- A salary according to The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
- A deep dive into the world of colors, taste and flavours
- Fun, food & beer
Sounds good and want to join our beer community?
Oedipus is a colorful brewery: we welcome everyone to apply. Please send your resume and motivation as soon as possible to Robbie Robert via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you & cheers!