We are Oedipus Brewing. Founded by four friends in Amsterdam. We use imagination to color the world and we’re always ready to go where our taste buds take us. Oedipus is about fun, energy and doing things differently. We create fantastical beers to reveal to the world that beer is a magical beverage: tasty, exciting, and for everyone. Open your world. Discover your taste. Surprise yourself. Learn something new. Experience that the world is a little bit larger than you thought.
Welcome to our universe!
About Oedipus Badhuis
The Badhuis is our venue on Javaplein in Amsterdam Oost. You will find an astonishing building full of history and heritage, this one originally opened as a public bathhouse in 1942, as evidenced inside by the original tiles on the wall.
We were honored to take it over in 2019 and since then have been actively working on making it an inspirational location full of creativity, music and culture.
About this position
We are looking for a new chef de cuisine. You will oversee and direct all aspects of our kitchen operations. You supervise and plan food preparation and service, monitor portion and waste control, train kitchen staff, ensure quality, consistency and adherence to HACCP regulations and most of all: provide our guests with colorful flavors.
The Badhuis kitchen is a place of learning; to experiment with flavor and have fun while doing it!
Who are you:
- You have a colorful, creative, and curious mind
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a leading role within the kitchen
- You are open-minded and socially engaged
- You love to make sure the kitchen runs smoothly and have the leadership ability to make sure it does
- You are a flavor nut 🙂 and have a strong love for beer
- Ability to work independently within the context of a team
- You’re eager to learn more about local products and finding new flavors
- You can speak English
- Overseeing quality of our food, drinks and service
- Leading the kitchen team in absence of the head chef
- Training kitchen staff
- Giving input and ideas on new dishes
What we offer:
- A position in one of the most innovative, creative, colorful, and ambitious breweries in the universe
- A full time (38 hours) position
- An international and colorful team
- A deep dive into the world of colors and flavors
- Fun and informal working environment
- Great Beer
But also, we offer you the chance to do things in an original and different way!
Sound like you? Come and join us!
Please send your resume and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oedipus is a colorful brewery: we welcome EVERYONE to apply.
Thank you & cheers!
Team Oedipus <3