We are Oedipus Brewing. Founded by four friends in Amsterdam. We use imagination to color the world and we’re always ready to go where our taste buds take us. Oedipus is about fun, energy and doing things differently. We create fantastical beers to reveal to the world that beer is a magical beverage: tasty, exciting, and for everyone. Open your world. Discover your taste. Surprise yourself. Learn something new. Experience that the world is a little bit larger than you thought.
Welcome to our universe!
About Badhuis Oedipus
In 2019, we opened the doors to Badhuis Oedipus – on the Javaplein in the East of Amsterdam. It serves as the headquarters of Radio Oedipus. We also serve our 100% homemade food menu using ingredients from our own food forest / kitchen garden at Mijnstadstuin. From bread & butter, to garums and miso; we are doing it all ourselves! The Badhuis kitchen is a place of learning; to experiment with flavor and have fun while doing it!
We are looking for a junior cook or Cuisinier.
Who are you:
- You have a colorful, creative, and curious mind with a strong love for anything related to beer or flavor in general
- You are curious, open-minded, and socially engaged
- You have a broad interest in culture, music, and/or the arts
- You are purpose-driven and eager to contribute to the growth of Oedipus
- You have a strong love for beer
- You’re eager to learn more about local products and creating new flavors
- You can speak English
- You want starting experience as a cook, using ingredients from our own kitchen garden or;
- You just finished your cooking education and you want to continue learning everything about flavor, local food and fermentation
- You prepare, and help the Head Chef to create and present dishes, ensure high standards in quality
- As part of the kitchen team you are responsible for your own section and are able to run service
- You employ your creativity, palate and love for food to help shape Badhuis Oedipus and the future of food & beer
- Most of all, you provide guests with a memorable food & beer experience
What we offer:
- A position with opportunities for growth in one of the most innovative, creative, colorful, and ambitious breweries in the universe
- A deep dive into the world of colors and flavors, get knowledge of locally supplied ingredients
- Fun and informal working environment
- Great Beer
Sound like you? Come and join us!
Please send your resume and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oedipus is a colorful brewery: we welcome EVERYONE to apply.
Thank you & cheers!
Team Oedipus <3